sábado, 27 de junio de 2009

Britney Spears joins the line-up to tribute a song for Michael Jackson

Photobucket

Yup, that's right people...
According to www.NewsOfTheWorld.co.uk, Pop Princess, Britney Spears has joined the line-up to conmemorate her Royal Musical Father in a tribute song for his loss this past Thursday afternoon. Here's the info on the article from the website...

The biggest music stars on the planet are gearing up to release a Michael Jackson tribute single - and they're using Glasto to set it in motion.

In fact Glastonbury became Jacksonbury as news of his death spread and top acts came together to talk - and plan.

Jacko's musical friends in the States have already started discussions with pop's big names - including Madonna, Britney Spears, Beyonce and Justin Timberlake - about the record. And Glasto stars the Black Eyed Peas (the band's will.i.am worked with him recently), Lady GaGa and Lily Allen are expected to join them.

Girls Aloud babe Nicola Roberts told me the band were "devastated" - and committed them to the tribute.

She said: "We're all huge Michael Jackson fans so it was upsetting. I would love to get involved in a tribute. I know Girls Aloud would all be up for it as we are all such big fans." Jacko's mates are also desperate to get Sir Paul McCartney to come on board as well.

An insider on site told me: "Michael's friends in LA want him to be honoured with a huge charity single. It will be one of his biggest songs performed by the biggest music stars in the world.

"There's been a lot of talk about it at Glastonbury because so many people want to be involved."

Many of the acts are also being lined up to appear at a giant Jacko memorial concert in London where the song would be performed. And Gavin and Stacey star Mat Horne has offered to organise and host the event. He told me backstage: "I can't believe it. He was a legend. I want to organise a tribute concert. I think I'd be perfect to front it."

Singing starlet VV Brown's friends were working on Jacko's comeback album with will.i.am. She said: "My friends tell me that what he had done on the album was really good. It could have been his best album. So it's heartbreaking."

Top rapper Dizzee Rascal made a personal tribute during his set by rapping over Billie Jean and Thriller, one of the evening's highlights. Later he told me: "I actually loved that man. He was such an inspiration to me."

Gutted Number One star Tinchy Stryder added: "I find it hard to talk about because the more I talk about it the more real it becomes. I'm still really stunned."

Crooner Paolo Nutini admitted the news put a major downer on the whole festival, saying: "It took a while to sink in here. Everyone's still feeling really shaken up."

Franz Ferdinand front man Alex Kapranos isn't keen on the planned tribute, warning: "Nobody can sing his songs but him." He added: "His early music was truly great, and he should be remembered for that despite all the circus surrounding him towards the end of his life."


Source: www.NewsOfTheWorld.co.uk

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario